Why should you protect your yard from pests? The last few years have seen an explosion in the number of ticks in the Metro West area. Ticks carry Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever and other illnesses. Concern over getting one of these ailments can ruin outdoor time for you and your family. Any homeowner will tell you that this year ticks are a huge concern. Ramos Landscaping is here to help!
Here are some tips to help avoid pests:
- Good fences make for good neighbors as the saying goes. They’re also a deterrent to pest-carrying critters like deer, raccoons, and stray animals.
- Mow your lawn frequently, cut tall weeds and grasses at the edges, and remove any leaf litter from your property. That goes for other potential pest hideouts like junk or damp wood piles.
- Put down a barrier of wood chips or gravel between wooded areas and your lawn. This makes it harder for ticks to migrate.
- Dump any stagnant water, which serves as a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- If you have pets, ask your veterinarian for a flea and tick treatment.
- Before heading outdoors, use a good bug repellent. Afterward, do a thorough check. Ticks are tiny but determined and can land almost anywhere – even between your toes. If you do find one, use tweezers to remove it. Here’s another safeguard: run a sticky lint-roller over your clothes. You might be surprised at what it picks up.
Get In Touch
These are just a few ways you can protect your yard from pests. Need help with yard? Ramos Landscaping is here to help. If you’re not already a Ramos Landscaping client, we’d love to add you to our growing list of happy customers. Contact us at 508-808-5087. We’d love to hear from you.